пятница, 5 августа 2011 г.

diy glitter thumbtacks

diy glitter thumbtacks

I’ve been craving a real-life inspiration board. I mean, Pinterest is great. But sometimes I come across scraps of ephemera in the real world that I want to be able to pin up right in front of me, so I can be inspired by them all the time. We’ll get to the actual board next time around, but we’re gonna start with the pins. Let’s do it.


Here’s what you’ll need:

Stick all of the tacks into a porous surface that will hold them while you work. I used a scrap of corkboard. Cover the head of each tack with Elmer’s. Sprinkle the glue generously with glitter.




Glue and glitter all of the tacks. Let the glue dry for about an hour, and gently dust off the excess glitter. Then cover each tack with the Dimensional Magic. You may have to experiment with the right amount to get it to stay on the head of the tack without overflowing.



Let the Dimensional Magic dry, and add another coat if you like. A second coat will add a little shine and volume to the top of your tacks. Let them dry overnight and you’ll have the sparkliest tacks in town! I’m also pretty stoked to show you the full inspiration board, so check it out next week to see the tacks in action. xoxo




Original article and pictures take lovelyindeed.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий