понедельник, 12 сентября 2011 г.

DIY gold patterned beasts

DIY gold patterned beasts


When I came across cheap (and slightly ugly) plastic animals in the toy section of one of our local stores I remembered these golden beauties and decided to make some of my own.


Here is a quick tutorial for those of you who would like to make some too.

You will need:



Step 1: Start by spraying your plastic animal(s) with an even layer of spray paint (I used black, gold or white depending on the animal). Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area, and that you use something (cardboard in my case) to protect the area you're spraying on.


Step 2: Once the paint has fully dried, you can start decorating the animals. I used a gold metallic pen to draw spots or lines, or to cover parts of the bodies (such as paws, tail or head).



Step 3: Once you are done, make sure you let the animal(s) dry some more before handling them too much. I've noticed that the golden paint stays sticky for a while and will get onto your fingers.


Step 4: Put them somethere pretty and admire!




Posted by heodeza Labels: animals, bricolage, diy

Original article and pictures take heodeza.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий