пятница, 6 мая 2016 г.

Naturally dyed beads.

Naturally dyed beads.

The girls and I have been playing with unfinished wooden beads for the past few weeks. The girls make necklaces with them, count them, and play all sorts of games with them. Best $3 I've spent in a while!



The other night I thought it would be fun to add some color to them. I tried painting them a while back and the process was messy and I wasn't very happy with the finished look (if you have tricks to share, please do!).


I remembered these recipes for natural egg-dyeing and decided to try it out with beads. I wish I had more ingredients on hand, but I love how these turned out. I used turmeric, paprika, frozen cranberries, and dried lavender as dye (following the recipe instructions for similar products), and left the beads soaking overnight.



I decided to string about 6 beads on to elastic cording to make some festive napkin rings, but the possibilities are endless!


P.S. We're on a plane to Seattle this morning, so I'm signing off a bit early this week. Best wishes for your weekend!


Pin It

Original article and pictures take swoonstudio.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий